Maison Janneau Grand Armagnac 1970
Maison Janneau was founded by Pierre Etienne Janneau in 1851 in the town of Condom in the heart of the Armagnac region
Maison Janneau was founded by Pierre Etienne Janneau in 1851 in the town of Condom in the heart of the Armagnac region, and it is here that Janneau carries out all of its Grand Armagnac production; the ageing is still carried out in the ancient cellars built in 1851. It is one of the main producers that carries out the distillation, ageing and bottling of its production fully in the AOC Armagnac region.
In 1972, thanks to some handy information brought in by Cognac Martell (the then owner of the Grand Marque), Janneau reintroduced the original method of distilling Armagnac, the Double Distillation method with pot stills, to the region. This was tradition before 1909, when French President Fallières made the continuous still compulsory in Armagnac. Now, Janneau is one of just 3 Armagnac houses that use pot stills.
|Colour / Type||brandy|
|Bottle Size||700 ml|